my Noma Backup Power System 1800, which I purchased June 28 2008, stopped functioning properly and when I initially called too see what service was available and asked what the warranty period and was was told they would need a receipt before they could tell me anything. I tracked the receipt down and called back only to be told that it was past warranty and that there was no non warranty service available.

I found it to be ridiculous that they sell a $500 item under their store brand that they can not provide support for and made me track down a receipt before they could tell me the warranty period.

The only solution they had was to buy a new one or call the manufacturer. Based on this experience, I would not buy another Canadian Tire / Noma product again.

Comments

For a 500$ item, it should last longer than the 4 or 5 times used in the year an a half i owned it before becoming an oversized paper weight.

Tell me, what products have a warranty that last forever? Most products have a one year warranty....if your product was past that period, why should they do anything for you? I understand it's an expensive item, but you have to understand that companies can't warranty an item forever, just because it wold benefit YOU.

Get a grip...