Canadian Tire taking advantage of customers in Auto Center
Again......................... it was asked if they could tighten two screws on a Muffler Guard ? That's it. You do realize the noise the car makes when a pipe or Muffler or even a Cat Converter is broken or in need of repair ?
This car was only making a rattling noise as the Guard was bagging against the bottom of the car. It had two screws missing and l was unable to reach it.
My Daughter took the car to your shop and asked them to tighten the screws.
They told her they couldn`t tighten the screws she needed a Whole NEW Muffler system and it upset her.
Again, l asked then could they not tighten the screws ? The Service Adviser said no.
I said why ? I know that car doesn`t need a whole NEW muffler system . It only needs two screws. He stated do you want to speak with the Tech ? It can`t be done. I said yes. I went out in the shop and saw the Tech. I asked why can`t you just tighten the screws on the Guard that is what is causing the rattling noise ? I said can you just tighten the screws so the rattling noise stops. He said yes he could no problem ???????
Why did the Service Advisor state the Two screws couldn`t be tightened ?
Why did the Service Advisor stated my Daughter had to purchase a Whole NEW Muffler system ?
The pipes weren`t broken ? the Cat Converter was on broken ? The Muffler was not Damaged ? Why the WHOLE NEW system ?
Yet you are telling me everything is fine ? My Daughter was upset by these actions and you are stating this is Business as usual at Canadian Tire ? With Actions such as these considered normal how can you be considered CANADIAN Tire ????
A lot of People are going to hear about this.
The Customer asked for two screws to be tightened right ? Canadian Tire says NO to a young Girl , no you have to purchase a WHOLE NEW Muffler system, we can`t tighten the screws.
The Customer shows the Tech what he wanted tightened and Canadian Tire does it. The customer stopped a unwarranted repair.
The Customer takes this valid complaint to Canadian Tire and Canadian Tire says that is how we do Business correct ?
How many people have had this done to them ? How many other young people and other customers has this been done to ?
This is not right how can your Stores be called Canadian with practices such as this ?
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:21:25 +0000
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: RE: Canadian Tire - What ? [#661393]
> Dear Mark Mitchell,
> Thank you for your further e-mails.
> Our office has responded to your concerns and explained the differences between a do-it-yourselfer repair and the repairs that are completed in a licensed repair facility. Should you continue to disagree, you are welcome to pursue the matter as you see fit.
> Also, we are sorry that you feel our response was not satisfactory. We would like to explain that all Canadian Tire Associate stores are privately owned and operated businesses. Each store has an owner which is referred to as an Associate Dealer. Each Associate Dealer is responsible for hiring his/her management, his/her employees and for the day to day operation of his/her business.
> When a customer has a concern in regards to their experience at the store, we (the Canadian Tire Corporation) take the time to notify the associate dealer of what took place at their establishment.
> Your e-mail tends to indicate that your concerns are not being heard. However, we have notified the one person that is empowered to address customer concerns against his/her management, staff, and store operations.
> We again thank you for providing us with the final opportunity to respond.
> Guy Samson
> Corporate Customer Relations
> Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
> This message, including any attachments, is privileged and may contain
> confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. If
> you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply email and permanently delete
> the original transmission from the sender, including any attachments,
> without making a copy. Thank you.
> --Original Message--
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: 1/28/2014 9:43:59 AM
> To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: RE: Canadian Tire - What ? [#661393]
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "I have recently contracted out a job to a business named "Zaptech Solutions". I am urging you if you are looking to have any development work done please do not..."
- "My 16 year old daughter decided to splurge her hard-earned savings on Pandora earrings for me for Christmas. She made sure to get a gift exchange receipt as she..."
- "Bought a sofa only four months old and it start peeling and they dont care we been waiting for them to fix it these people once they get your money..."
- "Buyer beware! Here's what I received for my client after spending over 300.00. If your looking for clip ins that give you fullness AND length, these extensions will not provide..."
- "IT'S VERY UPSETTING WHEN HEB ADVERTISES WATERMELONS @ $4.88 AND THEN STICK IT TO YOU @ $5.98. I WENT BACK AFTER NOTICING AT HOME THEY SCAMMED ME AND THE MANAGER..."
- "I bought a chair from here and even the extended warranty and had to people from the company come to my house at make sure the warranty good coverage and..."